In a world that’s constantly changing, it is crucial to be rooted in our identity. However, it is impossible to be rooted in something we aren’t sure about. Although identity is one of the most important things in our lives, yet it’s the one thing we all struggle with. It’s the one thing we choose to question time and time again. That’s why it’s so important to immerse yourself in Bible verses on identity.
Many Christians still don’t understand who they are or who God created them to be. They’re wandering through life, allowing the opinions of others to dictate their identity. Therefore, it’s important to look into Bible verses on Identity and knowing who God says you are. But first let’s explore what God says about your identity, then found out who in the Bible struggled with identity and lastly list out Bible verses on Identity, includes with an an instant download of scripture cards on identity.
What God Says About Your Identity
What God says about your identity is the only truth about it.
No opinion, circumstance, bloodline, or circumstance can override it. If He says you’re chosen, called, loved, redeemed, set free, known, and more than a conqueror, then that’s who you are.
God wants you to know your identity In Him.
He wants you to know that you are made in His image and that you’re His child.
Who is the Bible struggled with identity?
Your not alone. If you are having trouble determining your identity and self-worth, remember God can still help each one of us in our struggles just like He did with the following list.
He was a Hebrew boy who lived as royalty while his people were enslaved. He then murdered someone in a fit of rage and then fled to the wilderness, living in guilt and shame. When God came to Moses with an assignment, his only response was, “who am I, that I should go?” (Exodus 3:11).
At this point, it’s no surprise that he no longer knew what his identity was, that he felt unworthy and unqualified. But God knew exactly what Moses’ identity was, that’s why He called him.
God can use us in the midst of an identity crisis, just like He did with Moses, because even when we don’t know who we are, He does.
Who has an identity crisis in the Bible?
When God gave Gideon an assignment, he was already in an identity crisis. Allowing his bloodline and the opinions of others to dictate his identity, he hid from his calling. He called himself the least of the least. He thought he was someone that’s incapable of doing what God asked (Judges 6).
Just like us, he needed to be reminded of who he really was, a “mighty warrior.”
Who in the Bible struggled with their past?
This man wrote most of the New Testament. He was a wise and generous man who spread God’s word far and wide. However, before he became a saved and sanctified man of God, he was a Pharisee who killed Christians. As a Christian who was calling more people to be Christian, there’s no doubt Paul struggled with his past. He killed the very people who found the truth before he did. Perhaps this was the thorn in his flesh.
He struggled with his past, but he didn’t let his past stop him.
Who flip-flopped on their identity?
The day Peter met Jesus, he was still Simon. Simon asked Jesus to go away from him because he’s a sinful man. Still, Jesus chose him. This is because Jesus knew that Peter’s sinful past was only a dent in the masterpiece that would be his life. Jesus already knew that Simon was Peter (the rock). This guy made lots of mistakes, but his identity was solid in Jesus. Peter knew he was chosen, and that brought him back on track every time.
Who was stable in their identity?
John called himself the disciple that Jesus loved the most. John was the only disciple who stayed with Jesus through the cross which shows you when you are rooted and grounded in God’s unconditionally loved, you can be victorious while facing horrible circumstances .
God wants you to know your identity In Him. He wants you to know that you are made in His image and that you’re His child.
The following, Bible verses on identity are the truest confirmation of who we are. It is something we all should learn, believe, and memorize with all our hearts.
Scripture Cards on Identity
Click here to receive instant free printable scripture cards with Bible verses on identity. Print these scriptures on stock paper or regular paper. Will help to memorize to help know your identity in Him.
List Of Bible Verses On Identity
God created you in His own image. You are created in the image of perfection, despite your imperfections,.
- “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him: male and female, he created them”. Genesis 1:27 (ESV)
You are a new creation. No matter what you’ve done in your life before, if you’re in Christ now, the old has passed away and you’ve been made new.
2. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17 (ESV)
You are chosen, royal, and holy, worthy of proclaiming His name.
3. “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” 1 Peter 2:9 (ESV)
4. “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5 (ESV)
You are God’s workmanship.
Created by the best creator in the history of forever. Nothing He ever created is less than a masterpiece.
You are well able to do what He created you to do .God created you for a specific purpose, and He loves what He made. So walk in His will for you!
5)For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10 (ESV)
You are the body of Christ. Even if you feel insignificant or unqualified at times, know that you play a huge role in the kingdom. Every part of the body of Christ has value.
6. Now you are the body of Christ and individual members of it. 1 Corinthians 12:27 (ESV)
You are a friend of God. He knows you by name and He longs for a relationship with you.
7. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friend, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:15 (ESV)
You are a child of God. He loves you like a father loves his son. In fact, He loves you more than that. He loves you with a love your earthly father can’t even fathom. Therefore, you can put your hope in Him. He will never fail you.
8. See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure. 1 John 3:1-3 (ESV)
You are fearfully and wonderfully made. God Himself has worked on every detail that makes you, you. You’re exactly who you’re supposed to be. You are God’s masterpiece.
9. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14 (ESV)
We all have sinned and fallen short of His glory. That’s the truth. But there’s an even better truth found in Isaiah 43:1, and that’s the fact that you are redeemed.
10. But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. Isaiah 43:1 (ESV)
You are a citizen of Heaven, just passing through this earth. This world and all its chaos are only temporary. Jesus is coming back for you.
11. But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it, we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, Philippians 3:20 (ESV)
You are more than a conqueror. With God on your side, there’s no such thing as defeat. You may get struck down, but you’ll never be destroyed.
12. No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:37 (ESV)
You are the light of the world and you’re here to shine and bring hope where there is darkness.
13. “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Matthew 5:14 (ESV)
When you are feeling unloved our unworthy ponder on this gem found in Song of Solomon,
14. “You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.” Song of Solomon 4:7
It’s true when God sees you He sees you as righteous, He’s not looking at you with eyes of criticism. He is looking through eyes of love..
If you are struggling with identity, this book will help you break free.
Identity Power Points
- God knows you!
- God Himself formed you in your mother’s womb
- You are not a mistake.
- He planned your life before you were even born
- Your life has purpose
- God unconditionally loves you
Inspirational Identity Prayer
Dear God, Your Word tells me exactly who I am in you, and I truly want to believe everything it says.
The situations I’ve faced in this world have left me in an identity crisis, so as I learn about my identity and all that you’ve called me to be, please help me believe.
Help me believe that I’m loved, known, chosen, redeemed, and set free.
Help me believe that I’m actually Your child who is made in Your image.
Remind me that I am a light in this dark world, an overcomer and a citizen of Heaven.
Please forgive me and remind me, Lord, if I learn all of this and still question my identity from time to time.
All I want is to be who You created me to be, and I will strive toward that goal for as long as I live. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
These Bible verses on identity are just a few of the many that were written. When we look in the Bible, we’ll find tons of people who struggled with their identity, but we’ll also see God working in them. God’s Word is still alive and active today. So as you go about your life, pray and ask God to help you overcome your struggles with identity, for this is the only way to truly become the person you were created to be.
Join the Journey of ’63 Hours in Hell’
An Epic Fantasy about The Three Days Jesus was in Hell, Released by Elk Lake Publishing in May 2024